Senior Backend Developer
EyeEm is a photography company that connects over 22 million creators with iconic brands and agencies around the world. Since the beginning of EyeEm in 2011, our unique combination of strong tools for creators, a licensing environment designed for leading brands & enterprises and advanced search technologies have taken EyeEm to become the largest and leading hub for a new generation of photography. Read more about our story!
We're looking for an experienced Backend Developer to...
- Design and develop new features for our platform from scratch
- Build backend services that power our automation processes and internal tools
- Maintain and optimise existing features and services for performance and stability
- Find and resolve issues with the platform in close communication with our product, data and support teams
- Work together with different people from the company of varying technical level such as product managers and stakeholders
- You have a passion for writing clean code, with an appetite for taking on complex architectural challenges.
- You are eager to work with new technologies.
- It's easy for you to communicate and explain complex problem sets.
- You are a great teammate, with the ability to motivate the team to improve each day.
- You see writing tests for your code as standard operating procedure.
- You believe in deploying and maintaining the services you build.
- You acknowledge the importance of good, resilient design and architecture documentation.
- 3+ years experience as a developer.
- Fluency in Scala and knowledge of another language (e.g. Python, Java).
- Solid software engineering & design pattern skills.
- Experience with Play Framework and/or Akka
- Experience with asynchronous processing with message brokers like RabbitMQ & Kafka
- Experience with high traffic environments & scaling distributed systems
- Experience with Ansible, Chef, Kubernetes and/or other automation and orchestration tools
At EyeEm we work with advanced technology in a visionary organisation. It is a work environment that truly values diversity, where you can develop your skills and learn from the best. We are an international team that is highly motivated and fun to be with.
You'll have a significant impact on our product and community. We offer our engineers the best tools to work with: you can pick your hardware and we are visiting meetups and conferences. We also offer team lunches and free onsite German lessons, focusing on using German beyond the workplace.