Senior User Experience Designer - Web (f/m)
Creativity is in our DNA.
EyeEm is the world's premier photography community and platform. It's a place for photographers of all abilities to share, interact, and learn more about taking pictures on any device. Thanks to a unique combination of advanced search technology, Market and Missions, EyeEm’s community of 15 million photographers have a chance to showcase their original work and license their photography to be seen by a global audience that includes some of the largest brands. Read more about our story.
We are looking for an experienced full-time designer to strengthen our team and shape the future of photography and content sourcing. You will work directly with our head of design and web product team to develop new product features and advance the user experience across all of our web products.
You have been the creative lead on projects that cover web and mobile products, are part of larger ecosystems and accessibleacross multiple channels? You have experience conducting qualitative and quantitative user research, beyond usability testing? You can quickly turn insights and requirements into relevant design solutions with a clear story, especially when it comes to web-based applications?
Then you might be what we're looking for.Your responsibilities
- Design research: customer preferences, market trends and benhhmarking.
- Facilitating and leading the creation of new product concepts and features.
- Work closely with the rest of the design team to advance our design system and its implementation across our product portfolio.
- Design and document new features.
- Develop prototypes for internal communication, testing and design specification.
- Work with our web development/product team to implement new features.
- You have at least 5-10 years of professional working experience in interaction- or user experience design, within a product or service design context.
- You are a systems thinker and you have extraordinary interaction design skills. You can come up with great ideas, scale them across different products and platforms, and quickly bring them to life with prototyping tools such as Framer, Flinto or After Effects. You can think strategically, switching effortlessly between design details and the big picture.
- You have good visual- and motion design skills and you are comfortable scaling an existing design system, to repurpose existing patterns and to develop new ones.
- You are self-organised and able to provide others with direction through strong presentation and communication skills. You have the ability to summarise and be to the point, you can comfortably switch from talking about the big picture to rationalising specific design solutions.
- You have experience with responsive design, the mobile first approach.
- You have a MA/MSc/BFA/BA degree in a related field, preferably in design or Human-Computer Interaction
At EyeEm we work with ground breaking technology in a visionary organisation. It is a work environment that truly values diversity, where you can develop your skills and learn from the best. We are an international team that is highly motivated and fun to be with. You'll have a significant impact on our product and community. We also offer free onsite German lessons, focusing on using German beyond the workplace.