EyeEm is the all-in-one platform for your photo and video needs, connecting more than 22 million creators from over 150 countries with iconic brands. The platform is powered by its best in class, patented computer vision software that automatically understands the content of an image and curates hundreds of millions of visuals in realtime surfacing the best results for their global customer base. Read more about our story!
We are searching for an experienced Data Engineer to join our cutting-edge engineering team. You’ll be responsible for
- maintaining and extending pipelines receiving data from our production systems,
- storing & processing the events and making them available to internal consumers
As part of crossfunctional projects, you’ll be the glue that holds together different areas ranging from application development to data infrastructure
- 3+ years experience as a developer
- A technical degree or relevant work experience
- You're a self-driven and fast learner, and eager to work with new technologies
- You are a great teammate and motivate yourself and people around you to improve every single day
- You can structure and organize your work easily
- You are passionate about delivering excellent results and care about every detail
- Knowledge of both relational and non-relational databases and their respective models
- You are already in the Berlin area or have a EU work permit
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem, particularly on EMR
- Fluency in Scala or Python
- Experience with Spark jobs
- Experience with large-scale data processing (we have a multi-terabyte cluster)
- Experience with Apache Flume as a way to move large amounts of log data
- Experience with data-loading techniques on AWS Redshift
- Experience with Cassandra
- Experience with GoCD
- Experience with Machine Learning
At EyeEm we work with advanced technology in a work environment that truly values diversity, where you can develop your skills and learn from the best. We are an international team that is highly motivated and fun to be with.
You'll have a significant impact on our product and community. We offer our engineers the best tools to work with: you can pick your hardware and we are visiting meetups and conferences. We also offer team lunches and free onsite German lessons, focusing on using German beyond the workplace.