People Operations Manager
EyeEm is a photography company that connects over 22 million creators with iconic brands and agencies around the world. Since the beginning of EyeEm in 2011, our unique combination of strong tools for creators, a licensing environment designed for leading brands & enterprises and advanced search technologies have taken EyeEm to become the largest and leading hub for a new generation of photography. Read more about our story!
As People Operations Manager, you’ll join the team driving EyeEm's company culture. You'll look after the development and wellbeing of current employees and recruiting new talent. You have some experience in the field and are looking for a role to broaden your knowledge and responsibility across the full range of HR topics.
A typical day will see you drafting contracts, shortlisting applicants or securing visas for candidates as well as work on mid- and long-term strategies and incremental improvements with the VP People. It's a challenging yet rewarding opportunity to get exposure to a wide variety of stakeholders and topics in one of Berlin’s most promising startups. Other key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with the People team to build and maintain a great workplace
- Initiate, pitch and and implement new processes related to candidate and employee experience, performance reviews and feedback culture
- Organize employee onboarding and offboarding, including work permit applications and social insurance matters.
- Manage recruiting, from posting jobs, communicating with and interviewing applicants through to finalizing contracts.
- Managing payroll and employee information.
- 1-2 years of experience in an administrative or HR role, ideally in a startup.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in German and English
- You are well organized, independent and curious. You are approachable; a good judge of character; calm under pressure; able to handle ambiguity and competing priorities.
- You have a keen eye for process improvements.
- You are business minded - knowledgeable and curious about EyeEm’s community, clients and business.
- Experience with HR Tools (recruiting, employee data management)
At EyeEm we work with ground breaking technology in a visionary organisation. It is a work environment that truly values diversity, where you can develop your skills and learn from the best. We are an international team that is highly motivated and fun to be with. You'll have a significant impact on our product and community. We also offer free onsite German lessons, focusing on using German beyond the workplace.