Web designer (UI/UX)
CREATIVITY IS IN OUR DNA
EyeEm is the world's premier photography community and platform. It's a place for photographers of all abilities to share, interact, and learn more about taking pictures on any device. Thanks to a unique combination of advanced search technology, Market and Missions, EyeEm’s community of 22 million photographers have a chance to showcase their original work and license their photography to be seen by a global audience that includes some of the largest brands. Read more about our story.
We are looking for an experienced full-time Web designer to strengthen our team and shape the future of photography and content sourcing. You will work directly with our Head of Growth and Product Team to develop new landing pages, product features and advance the user experience across all of our web products.
A QUESTION TO ANSWER
In your cover letter, in no more than 200 words (with supported images if needed), explain the following:
- In your opinion, what is the best-designed content experience you've ever seen?
- What makes it so great and how would you make it better?
To consider your application we require a cv, portfolio and cover letter answering the above question.
- Design and document new features.
- Write the programming code, either from scratch or by adapting existing website software (e.g. Webflow) and design components to meet business requirements
- Test landing pages and identify any UX or technical problems
- Design research: you will gather insights from market trends and benchmarking and help to identify relevant product opportunities.
- Facilitate and lead the creation of new product concepts and features.
- Work closely with the rest of the design team to advance our design system and its implementation across our product portfolio.
- Develop prototypes for internal communication, testing, and design specification.
- Work with our Growth team/product team to implement new features.
- You have at least 3-5 years of professional working experience in interaction or user experience design, within a product or service design context, and you have taken creative lead on projects that cover web and mobile products.
- You have a creative and imaginative mind, and you are adaptable and able to pick up new techniques.
- You have experience conducting user research, beyond usability testing, and you can quickly turn insights and requirements into relevant design solutions.
- You are a systems thinker and you have exceptional interaction design skills: you can come up with great ideas, scale them across different products and platforms, and quickly bring them to life with prototyping tools such as Framer, Flinto or After Effects.
- You can think strategically, switching effortlessly between design details and the big picture, and you keep up to date with advances in computer technology and design trends.
- You have experience with tools such as Sketch.
- You have good visual- and motion design skills and you are comfortable scaling an existing design system, to repurpose existing patterns and to develop new ones.
- You have good interpersonal and communication skills, and you are self-organised.
- You have experience with responsive design, the mobile first approach and you are familiar with the latest web technologies.
- You have a MA/MSc/BFA/BA degree in a related field, preferably in design or Human-Computer Interaction.
At EyeEm we work with ground breaking technology in a visionary organisation. It is a work environment that truly values diversity, where you can develop your skills and learn from the best. We are an international team that is highly motivated and fun to be with. You'll have a significant impact on our product and community. We also offer free onsite German lessons, focusing on using German beyond the workplace.