Data Analyst (f/m)
EyeEm is a photography company on a mission to discover and showcase new talent through technology. As one of the world’s fastest-growing photo communities, EyeEm connects over 20 million photographers with brands and agencies around the world. Since the beginning of EyeEm in 2011, we have become the largest and leading source for authentic, royalty-free images. Read more about our story!
Thanks to a unique combination of advanced search technology, Market and Missions, EyeEm photographers have a chance to showcase their original work and license their photography to be seen by a global audience.
What makes you passionate about data? EyeEm is searching for a Data Analyst to join our team. As our data analyst, you’ll be responsible for delivering insights to internal consumers such as product, supply and sales/marketing. You’ll work closely with key partners from these areas to gain an in-depth knowledge of business requirements, helping them to better understand performance as well as uncovering new opportunities. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside our engineering team and gain insight into high-volume data processing and integration.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Delivering analysis projects and ad hoc reports to key partners.
- Building and maintaining corporate dashboards.
- Responsibility for mobile and web tracking.
- Participating in rotating on-call duty.
- A degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related field, or relevant industry experience.
- You are a self-driven and fast learner, and eager to work with new technologies.
- You are a great teammate and motivate yourself and people around you to improve every single day.
- You have good knowledge of SQL and Excel.
- You have experience with Tableau or similar dashboarding tools.
- Extensive Python skills, especially Pandas.
- Knowledge of both relational and non-relational databases and their respective models.
- Experience with distributed databases like Redshift and query languages like Hive/HQL.
- Knowledge of common data structures and ability to write efficient code in at least one language (preferably Python, Java or Scala are a plus).
- Knowledge of Apache Spark or other distributed computing engines is a plus.
At EyeEm we work with ground breaking technology in a visionary organisation. It is a work environment that truly values diversity, where you can develop your skills and learn from the best. We are an international team that is highly motivated and fun to be with. You'll have a significant impact on our product and community. We also offer free onsite German lessons, focusing on using German beyond the workplace.