Frontend Engineer (react.js) (f/m)
EyeEm is a photography company on a mission to discover and showcase new talent through technology. As one of the world’s fastest-growing photo communities, EyeEm connects over 20 million photographers with brands and agencies around the world. Since the beginning of EyeEm in 2011, we have become the largest and leading source for authentic, royalty-free images. Read more about our story!
Thanks to a unique combination of advanced search technology, Market and Missions, EyeEm photographers have a chance to showcase their original work and license their photography to be seen by a global audience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build all aspects of the EyeEm web app, server and client side as well as internal tools.
- Maintaining, testing, and iterating on the web app.
- Working with our designers and product owners to bring UI and UX to life.
- Improve our internal component library that we re-use throughout our application.
- 4+ years’ experience as a frontend engineer.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices and browser specifics in desktop and mobile.
- Deep familiarity with crafting frontend systems.
- Configuration management skills are a plus.
- You have a hands-on approach and actively strive to learn new things.
- You can structure and organize your work without problems.
- You care about delivering excellent work where every detail is in its right place.
- You have a creative mind-set.
- A great teammate.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of web standards.
- Experience with React, Redux & Node.js.
- Familiarity with SVG, WebGL is a plus.
- Experience with testing frameworks like Mocha/Chai/Jest or nightwatch.js.
At EyeEm we work with ground breaking technology in a visionary organisation. It is a work environment that truly values diversity, where you can develop your skills and learn from the best. We are an international team that is highly motivated and fun to be with. You'll have a significant and direct impact on our product and community. We also offer free onsite German lessons, focusing on using German beyond the workplace.